Actors missing from guide data?

General Discussion

Actors missing from guide data?

Postby philg » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:14 am

I know there has been some discussion about wishlists and actor names already (is it "last, first" or "first last")

BUT

My Alt EPG Tivo (via tivoweb) is showing NO actor names for any films that I have browsed :shock:

Should it?

BUT if I do a search for an actor "first last" I DO find matches so the actor detail is certainly there somewhere - it seems to be just that Tivoweb doesn't show it

When I view the same film on the Tivo, the actors ARE displayed
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: Actors missing from guide data?

Postby mrtickle » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Yes it's the exact same issue. TiVoweb expects actors in the data in the last name/firstname format. Spitfires has written a patch for each version of tivoweb to use in the meantime before our data is switched around - a search should find it. This enables tivoweb to display both formats.

There will be many things that TiVoweb expects to see in the data, so expect it to behave oddly until our data matches Tribune's more closely. There's a lot of work going on towards this aim. (For a start, the Tracker module won't work yet)
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby philg » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:08 pm

mrtickle wrote:Yes it's the exact same issue. TiVoweb expects actors in the data in the last name/firstname format. Spitfires has written a patch for each version of tivoweb to use in the meantime before our data is switched around - a search should find it. This enables tivoweb to display both formats.

There will be many things that TiVoweb expects to see in the data, so expect it to behave oddly until our data matches Tribune's more closely. There's a lot of work going on towards this aim. (For a start, the Tracker module won't work yet)

Aha! Thanks

I'll look for spitfires patch (not sure what to search on though....)

I did know about tracker and tmsids - waiting patiently for that one :)
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Rachel » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:36 pm

Rachel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby philg » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Rachel wrote:I think it's in the topic Problem with Actor & Director names in MFS

Thanks - found it, applied it and FIXED it :)
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby positor1 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Actors names missing eh?
(positor rubs his hands in glee) lol
positor1
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General