Code for an ICECRYPT

General Discussion

Code for an ICECRYPT

Postby sprust » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Does anyone know if there is an IR code that will let TiVo control an ICECRYPT T5000 Freeview box.

I have a Philiips Pronto and could record the codes if that would help.

Thanks
sprust
Almost there...
Almost there...

Re: Code for an ICECRYPT

Postby sprust » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:32 pm

OK - I managed to find the details of how to generate the codes for myself.

I'd like to attach the tcl script in case anyone else would like it but I can't work out how to do it.
sprust
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby healeydave » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:27 am

Sure go ahead, at some point we will look at topping up the IR database for new set-top-boxes that people add, so they are selectable from the TiVo set-top-box menu as normal.
I have created a TCL for the Qbox HD mini (linux satellite receiver) recently and I have a few more to do for freeview.
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby mrtickle » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:44 am

As well as topping up, one of my goals will be to purge it of the 90% of American-only STBs and that huge list of manufacturers that don't set foot out of America, to make it easier to find our STBs. But AIUI that can't be done quite yet.
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby healeydave » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Sounds like a good plan!!
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby baggsey » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:31 pm

healeydave wrote:Sure go ahead, at some point we will look at topping up the IR database for new set-top-boxes that people add, so they are selectable from the TiVo set-top-box menu as normal.

My situation is a bit unusual, in that I live in Chicago, and have a Slingbox in the UK attached to a freeview box in the UK, with a Slingcatcher at the US end for watching the UK slingbox output on the US TV.

What would be involved in loading the Slingcatcher IR codes into the UK TiVo STB database, so that I could have a UK TiVo here in the US, controlling my freeview box in the UK via the Slingcatcher? Is there an easy way of capturing the IR codes in a way that your tcl scipt could use to add to the STB list?
baggsey
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby drgeoff » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:05 pm

baggsey wrote:
healeydave wrote:Sure go ahead, at some point we will look at topping up the IR database for new set-top-boxes that people add, so they are selectable from the TiVo set-top-box menu as normal.

My situation is a bit unusual, in that I live in Chicago, and have a Slingbox in the UK attached to a freeview box in the UK, with a Slingcatcher at the US end for watching the UK slingbox output on the US TV.

What would be involved in loading the Slingcatcher IR codes into the UK TiVo STB database, so that I could have a UK TiVo here in the US, controlling my freeview box in the UK via the Slingcatcher? Is there an easy way of capturing the IR codes in a way that your tcl scipt could use to add to the STB list?

I don't have a Singbox or Slingcatcher so don't know exactly what they can and cannot do. But what about having the UK TiVo in the UK paired with the Freeview box as per normal and the Slingcatcher/Slingbox combo controlling, and delivering the output of, the TiVo?
drgeoff
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby sprust » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:02 pm

When I try and attach the script I get: The extension tcl is not allowed.

I must be being stupid but I've tried several variations and I still can't get around this.

What am I doing wrong?
sprust
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby mrtickle » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:15 pm

Nothing, it's just a bit restrictive on what's allowed to be attached to postings.

Just zip it up, zips are allowed.
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby sprust » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Ah - I guess I should have thought of that - Many thanks.

Attached is the tcl script to add codes for the ICECRYPT 5000 Freeview Box.

This was created by Gary Sargent's web site so its adds it as code 20000 under manufacturer PACE (many thanks Gary).

Get the contents of the file to the TiVo /tmp directory as newir.tcl and then it's:
tivosh
source newir.tcl
setcodes
Attachments
setcodes.zip
TCL script to add IR codes
(697 Bytes) Downloaded 277 times
sprust
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby baggsey » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:21 pm

drgeoff wrote: But what about having the UK TiVo in the UK paired with the Freeview box as per normal and the Slingcatcher/Slingbox combo controlling, and delivering the output of, the TiVo?

Thanks for the idea, but that's the setup I have today. Trying to control a TiVo via Slingbox remotely over the internet is a pain when you're using fast forward, etc., with the response lag. Much better to have the TiVo in front of me recording the video output streamed over the internet via the Slingcatcher, which I can do manually no problem.

I just need to know how to capture the Slingcatcher IR codes in a form that can be loaded to the STB database.
baggsey
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby sprust » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:43 pm

If you have a Philips Pronto you can capure the codes for 0 through 9 then go to http://www.garysargent.co.uk/tivo/pront ... /index.php

That will turn them into a .tcl script and give you the instruction of how to run it on the TiVo.
sprust
Almost there...
Almost there...

Return to General