TiVo Field Trials Team

General Discussion

TiVo Field Trials Team

Postby Paul_J » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi has anyone else received this e-mail?

Hi Paul

TiVo needs your help! We have some housekeeping that needs to be done to ensure we have your updated information for Beta testing and a new survey to be completed. The new profiles and survey are posted on the TiVo Beta Testing web site ((https://fieldtrials.tivo.com). Will you please take a few minutes to log into the web site, and:
1.Fill out the "My New Profile" (located under Personal Profiles in the left navigation)? While you are there, please review your contact information in "My Contact Info" (also located under Personal Profiles in the left navigation) and update any information that is no longer accurate.
2.If you have cable TV, there is a new movement for some cable TV companies to give credits to their customers for customer-owned equipment, like TiVo boxes! We'd like to find out how widespread this practice is and the amount of credits that are being offered across the country. If you are a cable TV subscriber/customer, please complete the "Cable TV Billing for Customer-Owned Equipment" survey (located under Surveys> Active in the left navigation.) Please have your latest cable bill handy before you start the survey.
3.Lastly, if you have some extra time, we'd like you to add all of your TiVo boxes (with which you are willing to Beta test) in "TiVo Box (new)" (located under Test Platforms> Add New Platform in the left navigation.

Thank you so much for your interest in TiVo beta programs, and for your assistance and participation!

TiVo Field Trials Team
Paul_J
Almost there...
Almost there...

Re: TiVo Field Trials Team

Postby drgeoff » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:41 am

No, I haven't received that email. I don't recall ever giving TiVo (or anyone acting in their name) my email address.

I went to the URL and thought it strange that the date range beside the copyright symbol is 1998-2009. I then clicked on the "new user" link. In the bottom right corner is a ink for the "Privacy Policy". That doesn't go anywhere as it points back to the same page. I didn't proceed any further.

I guess it is US-centric and has got to you in error.
drgeoff
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: TiVo Field Trials Team

Postby bigwold » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Got my email this morning.

This is not an error but received because I signed up for the trials a few years ago, and so presumably did Paul, and they're just updating their data. Perhaps I'll get picked to trial their UK series 5 :D (is that the next one after the Virgin model?). Watch this space... or not!
bigwold
Almost there...
Almost there...

Return to General