Help Required please

General Discussion

Help Required please

Postby tekfreek » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:15 pm

I have just got down to installing my new Tivo Land drive and it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
I followed the instructions and all went well (aparently) but all Iv'e got is a green "receiving" light. I can take it all apart again and check the cables, and retry it, but I don't want to do that if the simple answer is that I am not doing somthing, or that there is something wrong with either the new drive, or, co-incidentally TiVo went bust while I was fitting the drive.
Any ideas or help please.
Thanks, George.
tekfreek
Powering up...
Powering up...

Re: Help Required please

Postby healeydave » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:10 pm

What are you seeing on the TV?
The 'Powering Up' screen is the first screen you get when a TiVo is powered on. This screen comes from the firmware on the main board, so you should at lease get this screen 99% of the time.
The next screen is the 'Starting Up' screen which comes from the hard disk and usually signifies the system is about half way through the boot process.
Next you should get Tivo movie sequence or the TiVo menu.
Keeping the dream alive.
healeydave
AltEPG Team
AltEPG Team

Postby tekfreek » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi Dave, nothing at all; blank screen. The only sign of life is the left hand green light - "receiving" light. I have tried via bothe the scartsand via the RF out on the TiVo, with the same result.
tekfreek
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby SolidTechie » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:55 am

This is "typical" of no signal being received on the TV from the TiVo. Check that your source (sky or freeview box) is plugged into the AUX socket on your TiVo, and that the TiVo is connected to your TV via the second scart socket marked TV. Make sure they are in and properly seated.

When you have the TiVo scart connected and the TV on, if you issue commands on the remote control - do you hear any sound - ie the TiVo Bongs when you enter menus and so on?
Regards,

Ian
SolidTechie
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby tekfreek » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Thanks Ian, but I've checked that, and even connected a VCR to the other "out" scart to double check out sockets, cables, and cons to the TV. No sound, nothing but thr light. It may be imagination but the case feel too ccol. I will have to take it apart again and check every thing. If that fails......?

Regards, George.
tekfreek
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby tekfreek » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:27 pm

Sorry guys & gals I've found the problem, it's me. In the absence of a notch on the SATA converta card I had connected the IDE coble the wrong way round.
Thanks for your input, it is now loading it's data, and so far so good.

A red faced George.
tekfreek
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby mrtickle » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:55 am

Ah but it's all useful info to have if anyone gets the same symptoms again in the future! Thanks for posting the answer :)
--
links to my TiVo logos, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3 UK-20120818, Tracker v3.3.3 & v3.3.4 (17th Jun 2013), GDchecker v1.06b, Digiguide checker v0.4.3-rc5 and Autospace v1.65 can all be found in this post.
mrtickle
TVGuide Admin
TVGuide Admin

Postby tekfreek » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Thanks mrtickle, the TiVo is now fully functional. Thanks everyone also for the work on the EPG, while I know it's still under development, it looks pretty good to me, and 100% better than none at all!

George.
tekfreek
Powering up...
Powering up...

Return to General