TiVo and Samsung Smart Remote

General Discussion

TiVo and Samsung Smart Remote

Postby philg » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:03 am

Just bought a new Samsung Q7F TV and it comes with a "smart remote" - but to program it to operate TiVo as well, I need to enter a code

Has anyone out there figured out what the code might be? I've tried asking the Google Oracle, but most hits seem to be about the Virgin Tivo and not the original

Much appreciated

Phil G
philg
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Re: TiVo and Samsung Smart Remote

Postby positor1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:13 pm

Try ringing Samsung support but I suspect new tvs wont have TiVo S1 support.
You could use a harmony remote like I do, I found the Samsung terrible in its layout and too long, I had to keep shifting it up and down in my hand.
positor1
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby mikemusic » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:01 pm

Which Harmony remote do you have ?

I'm looking to get a Logitech 650 for Tivo, Freeview Box, Amplifier and CD player as it learns items not on the Logitech database.
Seems the Harmony One can only use items from its database (but the Tivo isn't on that .....)
Mike
mikemusic
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby positor1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:28 pm

I have 650 's not the best layout for TiVo but you get used to it. at least it all works
Tivo s1
is in the database but I seem to remember it is hard to find as it is listed oddly.
search for Thomson dvr, that one then says TiVo!
positor1
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby mikemusic » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Thanks very much. Have had a 650 for a while now and only got as far as looking at the manual online, finding I had to register and saving until I have time........ 650 still waiting
Mike
mikemusic
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Sprayberry » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:21 pm

mikemusic wrote:Thanks very much. Have had amazing results with these fat burners for belly fat for a while now and only got as far as looking at the manual online, finding I had to register and saving until I have time........ 650 still waiting

Are there good alternatives to the 650? I'm thinking of picking it up as well simply because it works. But if someone can suggest a better alternative, I'll check that out as well. Cheers.
Last edited by Sprayberry on Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sprayberry
Powering up...
Powering up...

Postby nick1austin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:07 pm

I'm originally had the 650 but when it failed I replaced it with the 350 which has no screen. The disadvantage is that without a screen I have to remember which device button is which.

The built-in library only supports single TiVo setups ("unit code 0"). Because I have two TiVo's I had to use an original Peanut remote and teach it almost 80 buttons which took around 3 hours. Worth it I recon.
nick1austin
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Return to General