Problems downloading EPG data via POTS

General Discussion

Re: Problems downloading EPG data via POTS

Postby DX30 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:54 pm

dotdot wrote:Ok got the back door to work , then hung at the final dial out.... Now it's lights out for tivo#1 for now.

I have another two TiVos I bought ( as you do on the bay) in case of disaster , both of which may not yet be registered with the altepg .. Thingy

I cant seem to get into that section for some reason , can someone advise ?

You are using the "Manage your Account" here I take it?

http://www.altepg.com/accountManagement ... Manager.pl

Once I logon I can press "Add a TiVo" and get the page up to enter the details.

n.b. If you are having trouble logging in might you have used a different passwords for the Account Managment from the forum?

dotdot wrote:These tivo a will be brought out of the loft in the coming days , this effin debarcle may continue.

One has a network card , can someone point me at a link which will get me working with that ? I was going to buy the tivo hacks book , but well I don't have that kind of time.

The altepg image supports most network cards automatically so use that. If your existing TiVo uses that image already, and your are having trouble registering, the simplest solution might be to move the network card into your old tivo. Get rid of any dialup numbers and follow the instructions for "Auto-detect NIC" here

http://www.altepg.com/networkConfiguration/index.php
DX30
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby dotdot » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:58 am

greetings all,

I pillaged one of the other tivo's & managed to get the network card out ..into the dysfunctional one.

and yey it's all now working !

i've now telnet'd on (retro command...) .. where i everything ? aha ?

1/
..so where does one pickup a network card for the other boxes ?

2/
oh and i still can't register my other boxes - the 'forgot password' on the altepg site - doesn't seem to be working again - can someone help ?

thanks again folks - it's been a rough few days... ffs advert wtf is that all about ? ;)
dotdot
Almost there...
Almost there...

Postby DX30 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:40 pm

dotdot wrote:..so where does one pickup a network card for the other boxes ?

In this country it is difficult as the TiVo sites like tivoland have closed - keeping an eye on ebay is probably your best bet.

You could try the USA TiVo sites e.g. http://9thtee.com/
DX30
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Furbag » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:08 pm

Furbag wrote: ..........now since the last data whoops its died again :|

Well looked at mums one tonight and discovered that by removing the Broadband filter and plugging TiVo directly into the phone line it made the call perfectly even with the original 127 dail code :?
I'm wondering if the Broadband filter is causing the problem with it locking up now :?
Furbag
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Postby Pegasus » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:34 am

I've had problems in the past with cheap broadband filters, which can either not work at all or break down over time (internal component failure). In the end I pulled them all out and fitted pukka BT ones. Even leaving a cheap one in a socket other than the one the TiVo is plugged into can cause problems.

(This is why when you report a phone line fault the first thing they tell you to do is to unplug all the filters in the house to see if that cures it)
Pegasus
Really should get out more
Really should get out more

Postby Furbag » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:28 pm

Pegasus wrote:I've had problems in the past with cheap broadband filters, which can either not work at all or break down over time (internal component failure). In the end I pulled them all out and fitted pukka BT ones. Even leaving a cheap one in a socket other than the one the TiVo is plugged into can cause problems.

(This is why when you report a phone line fault the first thing they tell you to do is to unplug all the filters in the house to see if that cures it)

Well two days later and its been fine with BB filter so its not that, even returned the dial code to the original, beats me the dam locking up issue :|
Furbag
TiVo lover
TiVo lover

Previous

Return to General